November 01, 2008


Lake Providence in East Carroll Parish is home to Panola Pepper Corporation.


Louisiana cooking is full of flavor and some of that flavor comes in the form of heat. Louisiana people love their food spicy and full of flavor. Spicy food is good for the body.

There are many different types of pepper sauce on the market. Some are very well known and others not so well known. I was introduced to Panola Pepper sauce by my husband. If you read my blog much you will notice that my husband has introduced me to many new flavors and foods over the years. I must have led a very sheltered life before he came into it! I know that just about everything he has introduced me to has been good. See, my husband was born and raised in Louisiana. He loves this state. He loves his heritage and culture; the outdoors and the people. One thing that he taught me was to buy Louisiana products. When we first got married and started shopping together, he would read the labels and see where the product was from. He looked first for products from Louisiana. Then if not available, he'd look for products from Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi and Oklahoma. Then anything from the south. He likes to keep his money in local businesses and products. Over time, I have adopted this habit. It has introduced me to some great products including Panola Pepper Sauce.

We love to eat and we love to eat spicy food. We make red beans and rice quite a bit. I make them where they have flavor but not much heat as I have two young-uns at the house and they can't handle much heat yet. So Panola Pepper Sauce is the choice in our house for heat and flavor. We can add as much as we want and enjoy a bit of spice.

Louisiana Trekker was born with the idea of sharing products that we love with others. We have been doing research for years. I knew once I started this blog that I had to write about Panola Pepper Sauce. It sat on my computer table as a daily reminder that I must write about it.

Here's what is interesting about Panola Pepper Sauce, it turns out that there are many, many different varieties of pepper sauces. I was only exposed to one or two flavors. Before researching Panola Pepper Sauce, I thought there were only one or two kinds. Boy was I ever wrong. There's a catalog full of products from Panola Pepper Corporation. I feel cheated! I feel like Charlie Brown when he opened the mailbox and there wasn't a Valentine inside for him. Look what I am missing!

Alright, I'll simmer down now. Let me start with the pepper sauce that my husband calls his favorite--Panola Gourmet Pepper Sauce. Now, my husband likes this pepper sauce so much that one time at the store he bought 15 bottles. No kidding. I thought that was way too much pepper sauce. The man loves it! He eats it in everything. The other brand that is in our home is the Panola Cajun Hot Sauce. Both are excellent pepper sauces.

Okay, here's where I'm liable to get all wound up again...here are the products that the Panola Pepper Corporation carries that I was not informed of (probably because my grocery stores don't carry every product but they should).

Panola Pepper Corporation offers many different pepper sauces such as cayenne blend in their Cajun Hot Sauce and Cajun Jalapeno; there are extra hot varieties made from habinero and tabasco peppers, in their Extra Hot Hot Sauce. They offer two sauces that sound ghoulish: The Bat's Brew Hot Sauce, a blend of Habanero and Jalapeno peppers and Vampfire, a blend of habanero, tabasco and cayenne peppers. Don't those sound HOT! See, I'm missing out on flavor!

In addition to the hot sauces there are barbecue sauces, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, hot wing sauce and seafood boils. Also, there is a new line of hot sauces with a Latin flair: Chipolte Salsa Hot Sauce, Jalapeno Sauce, and Habanero Salsa.

Another thing I was unaware of was the fact that Panola Pepper Corporation sold peppers whole, sliced or diced. I love making nachos at home with chips, cheese and jalapenos. Pop them in the oven or microwave and you have a great snack. I could have been eating Louisiana grown Panola peppers all these years...I was cheated!

Other products include: Garlic Stuffed Olives, Pickled Garlic, Jalapeno Stuffed Olives and Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Peppers; ready-mix rice dishes; three different types of mustard: Chipotle, Habanero and Jalapeno; and seasonings: Lemon Pepper, Worcestershire Seasoning, Louisiana Cajun Poultry Seasoning, Louisiana Blakened Fish Seasoning, and Meat Seasoning.

Add some spice to that next party, shower, family gathering, picnic or other celebration with Olive Martini Juice or Panola Bloody Mary Mix. Dress up your coffee with some of their new coffee syrup flavors. Get a boost of energy with the vitamin-enhanced energy drink. And top it all off with as the Panola Pepper Corporation calls it "...A Rainbow of Tastes!" with Panola's premium cocktail mixers which come in Lemon Drop, Appletini, Blue Raspberry, Cosmopolitan, Strawberry Margarita and Mint Mojito.

Now you see why I'm upset. Here I thought it was just about the pepper sauce. Yes, the pepper sauce is EXCELLENT! Yes it does add flavor and I'm so glad that my darling husband introduced me to it. But now, now I've got to get to the store and try these other products, because I know they are going to make my taste buds happy!

Panola Pepper Corporation

1414 Holland Delta Road
Lake Providence, LA 71254
318-559-1774 (Phone)
800-256-3013 (Toll-Free)
Order online at www.panolapepper.com

Be sure if you order from them you tell them you saw it on Louisiana Trekker!


Art Credit: Panola Pepper Corporation website