Rejoicing in the Roses, a celebration of contemporary praise music is set for Sunday, October 17, 2010, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Gardens of the American Rose Center. Three outstanding local praise groups will be performing live in the Gardens at the Windsounds Carillon Tower. Refreshments will be sold.
Performances are as follows:
• 2:00 p.m.: Gospel Quartet, Heaven’s Echoes
• 3:30 p.m.: St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Combined Adult and Children Choirs
• 5:00 p.m.: Silent Singers of Waller Baptist Church
• $5.50 per person
• Free: Ages 5-younger and ARS/ARC members
• $3.50 per person for groups of 10 or more
• $35: Mini-bus
• $75: Bus
Gardens of the American Rose Center
Home of the American Rose Society, the Gardens of the American Rose Center was created in 1974 through the contributions of rose lovers around the world. The 118-acre park contains more than 65 individual gardens with each bed and planting specially designed to demonstrate ways roses can be grown in the average home garden. It is conveniently located just off of I-20, Exit 5, in Shreveport, LA.
By: Maria Scott, Director of Communications